Thursday, January 8, 2009

Satyam Jhutham Badsundaram (Truth,Untruth and the Ugly)

Somebody rode the tiger without knowing how to get down without been eaten up . Surely enough he knew that he is riding the tiger in the first place , secondly also knowing that the tiger does not allow you to get down without being a morsel to it, thirdly you try to make or rather you made the entire world fool while doing your good enough bid to dismount from the tiger taming it. The biggest Satya emerges is that you can make some people fool all the time, all the people some time but not all the people all the time. I am also reminded of a saying by one of the best invester in the world “When tides are low you know who is swimming naked”

I had a busy day yesterday. Office internet was down because of maintenance work and I reached home quite late to do the custom of viewing the news in the TV as I thought the world could not have changed in these few hours and off course I did not want to annoy my wife who was any way fast reaching the boiling point. Morning 6:00 I was bang in the GYM to straighten the calorie count which I had grossly abused the earlier day. My first encounter was with a friend and regular in the GYM who after customary exchanges asked me if he can keep the Satyam stock or sell it. I had no clue why he asked me this question but my reply was that I would not be in position to advice. Since empowered by the person’s confidence in me I started my gyan session to add to this fiasco just before coming to GYM I read two weeks old article on Satyam, so you could very well imagine what I would have been sounding as. After some time more friends came pouring in while I was trying to flex my triceps with the instructor putting his bit on the counts my friends broke the actual news. My reaction would have come later but the first thing happened was the shooting pain in the left neck. As I write this still the pain and stiffness prevails in my neck as if symbolic to the pain everybody around must be having.

I never invested in Satyam so apart from the literal pain in the neck I am fine personally. But today the Indian in me is a very sad person. Satyam being one of the top four IT Company in India could be compared to a pillar of IT revolution in India. Today one pillar has most surely fallen. I do not want to elaborate as it increases the stiffness in my neck and it still pains in the neck. For me this is the most Badsundaram (ugly) part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment