Saturday, January 10, 2009

Better Friday

I was contemplating to title this as “End of Oil Terror” but towards later in the night there were more news to be added as a development to the story in my last two blogs made me change it.
I had given my car for repairs to the dealer and was promised that I will get back on Friday. I gave my car before this Oil terrorism happened hence was quite tensed as I knew it had its tanks empty. Luckily on my way back home the petrol bunk was open and I could get tank full of my share. That’s the time I knew that the terror standoff is over and I can now go to office on Saturday tense free and write this blog.

I have been hearing from child hood that one day oil going to get over and that would be kind of dooms day which any way I could sample now. When I was young could see lot of stories that there will be alternative to oil soon and could see Bio fuel, solar, Wind, Fuel cell, Hydro as believable alternatives. The most unbelievable ones were that people are developing a bacterium which can convert water into fuel and worst even they will convert the Co2 in the air into fuel, imagine the Co2 emission will be the raw material for these Oil companies probably of 2209 AD. As again going by the logic of the flat world all this is for sure possible.

I was also wondering if there was a larger conspiracy in these recent oil price fluctuations. Today the oil prices are almost one third of what it was few months ago. If you see it more closely just before distinctive recessionary trend did set oil prices were at its peak and once it the recession settled down in dropped. Once it peaked I could not satisfy myself with all my readings in web, newspapers & magazines the concrete reason of this raise except for that my childhood stories of oil doomsday approaching fast. Even now when it has dropped I face the same dilemma and I am not able to buy the logic that recession has lowered the demand hence the prices has fallen. I am no economist but some time feels that probably all the money has flown from one geographical location to another. I won’t be surprised if after few more years we come to know that it was masterminded by the terrorists.Well Finally when I reached home I defied my wife and risked myself to on the TV as aware the world could change in few hours. There was breaking news “Raju, Brother arrested”.

No comments:

Post a Comment