Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chain reaction of elections

It was the eve of elections in Bangalore. After office at 7:00 I decided to walk down to the M.G Road and further to the Brigade road and then take a Auto ric. to home. This is a kind of evening walk I enjoy and normally do when my driver is absent. Earlier I use to enjoy more as there would be less hustle bustle around on the contrary now a days there it is not so enjoyable, more over the majestic looks of M.G road has been temporarily destroyed because of the Metro rail coming up. I was expecting the same chaos when I started but to my astonishment I could see that it was quite a free street with quite fewer people around. I have a customary stop at the dead end of Brigade road , where I stop for my Chocolate softee. While there I could chat with the shop owner to find out about this calmness . He very sadly replied that " Today all the bars are closed, tomorrow is elections" . Well it takes the elections t close the bars some time and it takes closed bars to reduce the traffic on roads . For me surely it was the best Friday evening walk I ever had on that stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment